Property Law

Property Law

Change of Ownership

Bereavement, divorce and selling your home are often considered the three most stressful times in a person's life. Having to deal with both bereavement or divorce and selling your home can cause ever more worry. If this should happen to you, we are here to ensure that this difficult process is made as painless as possible.

Relationship breakdown

If you have purchased a property with a partner and subsequently the relationship breaks down you may wish to have the house transferred into your sole name. The removal of a legal owner is known as a Transfer of Equity. At Clough & Willis, we will deal with the drafting of the Transfer and incorporating in the Transfer the terms of the agreement, including whether it is subject to a Court Order. What's more, we will advise you on the implications of the Transfer and make the process as smooth as possible. We appreciate that times such as these are stressful, and we will handle the matter with care and understanding.

New Partner/Spouse

If you have purchased a house in your sole name and now wish to transfer equal ownership to you and your new partner/spouse, we can deal with this matter on your behalf. The addition of a further owner is also known as a Transfer of Equity. We will guide you through this process smoothly and efficiently. 

Death of Owner

If a homeowner has died and the house needs to be transferred into either the sole name of the remaining co-owner or in accordance with the terms of the deceased owner's Will, you will need a Solicitor to deal with this for you.  We understand that these times are very upsetting and that emotions can run high.  We are here to ensure that you have appropriate support and will always be close at hand to assist you.


Need help right away?
Contact Clough & Willis

We can offer easy-to-understand advice on all areas of conveyancing and property law and will work our hardest to get you the best possible outcome - whether that is ensuring a smooth sale or negotiating a contract in your favour. 

Contact us today to speak to a property law solicitor by calling 0800 083 0815, or fill out an online enquiry form and we will get back to you at a convenient time.


Please fill out our form below

or call us on 0800 083 0815

Enquire Now